- Job Location:
Kansas City, MO
Schools - Orientation and Mobility Specialist
- Last Updated:
Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialist Job - Kansas City, MO
- 37.5 Hours/Week
- 2018-2019 School Year
- 10-12 Students
- K-12 Caseload
ProCare Therapy is currently interviewing for a full time OMS position to work in a Kansas City, MO area district. This position is for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Assist students who have visual impairment how to adapt to and navigate through their school environment
- Train students how to use assistive devices, such as canes and hand held telescopes
- Respond appropriately to setbacks and manage the students' mobility expectations and frustrations
- Certification in Orientation and Mobility by the Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Educational Professionals (ACVREP) or the National Orientation and Mobility Certification Board (NOMC)
Salary for this position will be based on experience level and benefits selected. For more information, please submit resume to Ali Willems:
Ali Pletzer Willems
Senior Director of Educational Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Self-Care for Traumatized Therapists
Document Everything If a student comes to you and confides in you that they have violent thoughts, do you know what to do next? As a mandated reporter, you must do something. Take thorough notes to...
Read more »
- New Technology on the Horizon for Deaf Students
Shortage of Sign Language Interpreters The reality is that there is a big sign language interpreter shortage in the United States and beyond. While schools do their best to have interpreters availa...
Read more »