- Job Location:
Chesapeake City, MD
Schools - OT
- Last Updated:
A school district North of Chesapeake City is working with ProCare Therapy to fill an Occupational Therapy position that has become available. The contract that you’ll be offered is for the entire school year, with a possibility to renew if it’s a good fit for both you and the district. We ask that seasoned candidates and new graduates apply for this position if you have previous school or pediatric experience.
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Appropriate Maryland licensure or ability to obtain appropriate state licensure
- Ability to assess and treat the students disorder.
- Skill to complete daily activities that will help children reach their educational goals
- 35 Hours Per Week
- Elementary to High School Caseload
- Small caseload
- Mentorship by experience
- Friendly Staff and Great Students
Occupational therapy is skilled treatment that helps individuals achieve independence in all facets of their lives. It gives people the "skills for the job of living" necessary for independent and satisfying lives. Services typically include:
- Customized treatment programs to improve one's ability to perform daily activities
- Comprehensive home and job site evaluations with adaptation recommendations
- Performance skills assessments and treatment
- Adaptive equipment recommendations and usage training
- Guidance to family members and caregivers
If you think that this may be a good fit for you, please reach out to me as soon as possible for full consideration. For quick consideration and a faster interview process, please send over a copy of your resume directly to the email address seen below.
Enrique D. Diaz
Director of Educational Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- The Pros and Cons of Therapy Dogs
Possible Issues with Therapy Dogs Itís hard to believe that some people may not support therapy dogs in schools. The fact is that some people not be for them. Why? They have their reasons for their...
Read more »
- The Importance of Social and Emotional Skills
Resilience Programs for Students Resilience is the ability to adapt to not only hardship but everyday challenges. These are skills that young students will benefit from as they head into their teen...
Read more »