- Job Location:
New Orleans, LA
Schools - Adaptive Physical Education Teacher
- Last Updated:
ProCare Therapy is currently working with a school district in the New Orleans area to place an APE in a supportive school district. New Orleans or better known as the "Big Easy' proves a very vibrant and joyful lifestyle. Whether it is fine Cajun cuisine, exploring the French Quarter, catching a ferry, listening to homegrown jazz or cheering on the Saints, there is something to do for all lifestyles. This is a full-time position working approximate 35 or more hours per week, Monday-Friday. The school district has a need for the next school year and is looking to set up an interview as soon as possible.
- Create and utilize appropriate IEP’s for student caseload
- Provide instruction and therapeutic services.
- Follow state rules and regulations and physical education code
- Master’s in Adaptive Physical Education
- LA Licensure/ Certification
- Previous experience is preferred but not a requirement.
If you are interested about in receiving additional information such as exact location, hours, and compensation, please apply online or contact Jewel Brown at (770) 225-3058 or Jewel.Brown@Procaretherapy.com
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Working on the Bullying Epidemic in Schools
Need for School Protocol The hope with bullying is that students will come to a trusted member of the school and ask for help. Programs within schools are focusing on character education. In additi...
Read more »
- Therapy Beyond the School Day
Importance of Communication with Home Communication is critical in the world of education. While kids spend a lot of their day in school, they go home and need to practice between sessions. The mor...
Read more »