- Job Location:
Schools - Adaptive Physical Education Teacher
- Last Updated:
- Full time (30-40 hrs/week)
- Caseload will be determined upon interview
- Must be licensed in CA
ProCare Therapy is currently arranging interviews to hire a full-time Adaptive PE Teacher for a position outside of Hemet, California. This position is open to local candidates as well as qualified Adaptive PE Teachers interested in relocating for a contract assignment. This position is for the 2018-2019 school year. The APE would offer support individually and to our Moderate/Severe programs in a group format.
Adaptive PE Teacher Job Duties:
- Teach physical education concepts and curriculum to students
- Assess current gross and fine motor skills and a student’s fitness levels.
- Write goals, objectives, and current status for Individualized Education Plans (IEP's).
- Schedule Adaptive Physical Education sessions within each district building as needed.
- Observe student's performance in physical education classes.
- Consult with general physical education teachers regarding identified needs in the general physical education classes.
- Work cooperatively with IEP team members in planning and implementing student plans
Salary for this position is negotiable and will be based on experience.
Ali Pletzer Willems
Sr. Director of Educational Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- The Pros and Cons of Therapy Dogs
Possible Issues with Therapy Dogs Itís hard to believe that some people may not support therapy dogs in schools. The fact is that some people not be for them. Why? They have their reasons for their...
Read more »
- The Importance of Social and Emotional Skills
Resilience Programs for Students Resilience is the ability to adapt to not only hardship but everyday challenges. These are skills that young students will benefit from as they head into their teen...
Read more »